8th Workshop on Advanced Computational Electromagnetics (ACE'13)
June 5-7, 2013 - Centro Internazionale per la Ricerca Matematica
The 8th Workshop on Advanced Computational Electromagnetics (ACE 2013) continues a series of workshops devoted to the mathematical and conceptual foundations of computational electromagnetics. Particular emphasis is on issues concerning the modeling and discretization of electromagnetic fields and related coupled problems and their impact on efficient implementation and software design.
Some examples of subjects within the scope of the workshop:
- Discrete exterior calculus and tensor calculus.
- Homology, Massey products and electromagnetism.
- Computational co-homology.
- Discontinuous Galerkin methods.
- Spectral and iso-geometric discretizations.
- Mimetic and structure preserving schemes.
- Boundary integral equation methods.
- Coupling of discretized fields and circuits.
- Discretizations in MHD and plasmas.
- Micromagnetics and hysteresis.
- Plasmonics and nanophotonics.
The workshop should be interdisciplinary and hopes to:
- bring together mathematicians, numerical analysts, engineers, and software developers, who have made significant contributions in their respective fields;
- identify open problems in the discretization of electromagnetic fields that can be seminal for future research.
Following the precedent of earlier ACE workshops the following format will be adopted:
- No parallel sessions.
- About 25-30 talks of 30 minutes.
- Poster session.
- Talks focused on underlying ideas and principles rather than computational results.
- Time for discussions.
- Presentations collected and made available to the participants electronically.
- Timetable organized in two afternoons and two mornings, over three days.
- February 28, 2013: deadline for abstract presentation
- March 22, 2013: selection of contributed papers concluded
- April 30, 2013: deadline for confirming participation