Physics PhD Workshop 2014-2015
February 18th, 2015 - Room B107, Povo2
Why the Ph.D. workshop?
The PhD workshop is a scientific meeting organized by PhD students and strongly supported by the PhD School in Physics.
Purposes of this initiative are:
- having the possibility of meet each other;
- presenting our research activity to the academic staff and to the students attending the Master in Physics.
- Talks will be 15 minutes long, plus few minutes for questions.
- Presentations will be in English.
- One introductory slide about the Research Group will be appreciated.
Note that it is not mandatory to present research results, it will just give a general presentation of your research topic and group.
- Posters will be in English
- PhD Students of the Poster will answer to 'any' question during the Poster Session
- There will be a poll to vote the Best Poster which will win a prize
Research results are not compulsory in the Poster, but only a general presentation of the PhD Student Research topic, in order to guarantee a better understanding of the whole public.
|Opening||08:45 - 09:00|
Prof. Prof Lorenzo Pavesi (Head of the Department of Physics )
|First morning session||09:00 - 10:30|
|Second morning session||11:00 - 12:30|
|Lorenzo Contessi||Nuclear calculations using lattice data and Montecarlo methods|
|Fabrizio Ferrari Ruffino||Non-Symmetrized Hyperspherical Harmonics Method Applied to Light Hypernuclei|
|Takumu Kawamura||Numerical simulation of compact objects: black holes and neutron stars|
|Giulia De Rosi||Collective oscillations in ultracold trapped gases|
|Simone Serafini||Exploring Vortex Dynamics in a Bose-Einstein Condensate|
|Poster session||13:30 - 14:30|
|Afternoon session||14:30 - 15:30|
|Gaetano Zappalā||Single-photon detector: Silicon Photomultiplier and its applications?|
|Maria Concetta Tringali||Surveying the gravitational wave sky|
|Roberta Giusteri||An overview on LISA Pathfinder mission|
|Opening of the accademic year||16:00-16:15|
Prof. Giovanni Andrea Prodi (Director of the Ph.D. school in Physics )
From glass flow to the rupture of a chemical bond:
Shining light on the ultraslow and the ultrafast
Prof. Tullio Scopigno (Universitā di Roma La Sapienza )
|Closing and Best-poster-prize giving||17:30-17:45|
For Ph.D. students, postdocs and supervisors.
The Organizing Committee
Doctoral School in Physics | Doctoral School in Mathematics
Physics Department | Mathematics Department
University of Trento
via Sommarive, 14 - 38123 Povo (TN)