University of Trento
Department of Physics
foto Fabrizio Gottardi
The Atomic and Molecular Physics Laboratory is devoted to the investigation of the dynamics of molecular and nonlinear systems. Our work finds direct application in fields such as molecular reaction dynamics, physics and chemistry of cold plasma, neural dynamics.
Our most important experimental techniques are advanced electronics, optical spectroscopy, mass spectrometry and gas chromatography.
As experimental scientists, we continuously pursue the improvement of our instrumentation and the development of specialised devices that are not commercially available. This continuous advancement leads to know-how that can be progressively transferred to industry. The Atomic and Molecular Physics Laboratory has a successful track record of co-operation with high-tech companies and continues to endeavour for enhancing this technological outcome.
- We have got two H2020-MSCA-ITN-2018 proposals funded by the European Commission: PIONEER "Plasma catalysis for CO2 recycling and green chemistry" and ACO "AstroChemical Origins".
- Prof. Paolo Tosi has been invited as keynote speaker at the 8th Central European Symposium on Plasma Chemistry CESPC-8, May 26th – 30th 2019, Slovenia https://www.plasmadis.com/wp/cespc-8/
- Dr. Luca Matteo Martini is invited speaker at the 5th International Workshop Plasma Science & Interfaces, St. Gallen, Switzerland 18-19 October 2019. http://www.visiondynamics.nl/workshops/5th-plasma-workshop
- Prof. Paolo Tosi is invited speaker at the 8th International Workshop on Plasma Spectroscopy (IPS 2018), 23-26 September 2018, Worcester College, Oxford. http://ips2018.chem.ox.ac.uk.
- Dr. Giorgio Dilecce is invited speaker at the Europhysics Conference on the Atomic and Molecular Physics of Ionized Gases, Glasgow July 17-21 2018. https://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/physics/research/groups/astro2/escampig/
- Prof. Daniela Ascenzi is invited speaker at the "IInd Italian Workshop on Astrochemistry" to take place from 13 to 16 June 2018 in Follonica (GR)
- Dr. Luca Matteo Martini has been selected as Invited Lecturer of the 28th Symposium on the Plasma Physics and Technology in Prague, June 2018. https://www.plasmaconference.cz/
- Prof. Daniela Ascenzi has been invited to give a lecture at the international workshop "Advances in Space Mass Spectrometry for the Search of Extraterrestrial Signs of Life" to take place from 16 to 18 May 2018 in Orleans, France.
- LE SFIDE ENERGETICHE-AMBIENTALI COME FATTORE DI SVILUPPO PER UNA NUOVA ECONOMIA - 3 maggio 2018
- CPE2 COLD PLASMAS FOR ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENT - 24 November 2017
- Prof. Daniela Ascenzi has been invited to give a lecture at the Astrochemical Conference KIDA2017 Bordeaux, France, September 26th to 29th, 2017.
- Prof. Paolo Tosi has been invited to give the topical lecture CO2 conversion by nanosecond repetitively pulsed (NRP) discharges: process design, efficiency and experimental investigation of the kinetics at the 23rd International Symposium on Plasma Chemistry Montréal, Canada, July 30th to August 4th, 2017.
- Dr. Luca Matteo Martini has been selected for the invited talk Laser-induced fluorescence in nanosecond discharges for CO2 conversion at the 44th EPS Conference on Plasma Physics, Belfast, Ireland, June 26- 30, 2017.
- Nicola Gatti has been selected for the topical lecture Assessing the non-equilibrium: vibrational and rotational temperature profiles in N2 and N2–CO2 microwave plasma from laser Raman scattering at the 12th Frontiers in Low-Temperature Plasma Diagnostics, Zlatibor, Serbia, 23-27 April, 2017.
- Dr. Luca Matteo Martini has been selected for the topical lecture LIF measurements of OH in an ns pulsed discharge for CO2 conversion at the 12th Frontiers in Low-Temperature Plasma Diagnostics, Zlatibor, Serbia, 23-27 April 2017.
- Welcome to Dr Sara Lovascio who has joined the group (January 2017).
- Andrea Cernuto has been selected for the oral contribution Dissociative charge transfer of interstellar dimethyl ether and methyl formate in collisions with He+ at the The Astronomical Week COST Action CM1401 Faro, Portugal, 16-20 January 2017.
- Prof. Daniela Ascenzi has been invited to give a lecture at the European Conference on Laboratory Astrophysics Madrid, Spain, 21-25 November 2016.
- Prof. Leonardo Ricci has been appointed Chairman of the Workshop Network Dynamics and Complexity Trento, May 20, 2016.