This Year, the PhD students in Physics are pleased to announce a Science photo contest "Edges of Science" to showcase the unique and fascinating scientific adventures of the PhD, Master degree students and researchers of the Departments of Physics, Mathematics, Civil, Environmental and Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, FBK, CIBIO, ECT*.
Through this contest, we intend to discover original thoughts and creative expression!
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Let's see if it's true!
The three categories on which the contest is centered:
- Life of the scientist: expectations and reality: photos that illustrate some unexpected results of your research activity and relationship with other scientists in the laboratory. Misfortune or success in the work that you are performing.
- At the edge of discovery: how do you express your success in research or studying (experiments, examination, conference), with who do you share your emotions.
- Research at the mountains: photos that demonstrate your participation in the life of the University of Trento in Povo and Mesiano.
You think you have what it take to capture a winning shot? Then enter the contest and don’t forget to make your shot as striking and memorable as possible!
What to win: the winner photo will be printed and hanged on the wall of the University.
How to participate: Participants must send the photos, filled and signed “Domanda di partecipazione” form to our email address email@example.com
For participation in the contest you should use:
- Online resources (http://www.science.unitn.it/~dottorato/wiki/) to get “Domanda di partecipazione” form.
- Version of the high resolution photographic work for publishing initiatives, formats: JPG, JPEG or PNG;
Photos must be sent however within the deadline 1st of October, 2016
Anything that is offensive to others or that insults the freedom and dignity of anyone is not acceptable. The selection committee will exclude photos which are considered unsuitable. Photographs will be uploaded and judged by the selection committee and their popularity on instagram @edgesofscience.
For more information concerning the contest look at the “Concorso fotografico” file.