Physics PhD Workshop 2015-2016
November 25th, 2015 - Room B107, Povo2
Drawn by Alessandro Toffali
Why the Ph.D. workshop?
The PhD workshop is a scientific meeting organized by PhD students and strongly supported by the PhD School in Physics.
Purposes of this initiative are:
- having the possibility of meet each other;
- presenting our research activity to the academic staff and to the students attending the Master in Physics.
- Talks will be 15 minutes long, plus few minutes for questions.
- Presentations will be in English.
- One introductory slide about the Research Group will be appreciated.
Note that it is not mandatory to present research results, it will just give a general presentation of your research topic and group.
- Posters will be in English
- PhD Students of the Poster will answer to 'any' question during the Poster Session
- There will be a poll to vote the Best Poster which will win a prize
Research results are not compulsory in the Poster, but only a general presentation of the PhD Student Research topic, in order to guarantee a better understanding of the whole public.
|Opening||08:50 - 09:10|
Prof. Lorenzo Pavesi (Head of the Department of Physics )
|First morning session||09:10 - 10:30|
|Opening of the accademic year||11:00 - 11:15|
Prof. Giovanni Andrea Prodi (Director of the Ph.D. school in Physics )
|Surprise event||11:15 - 11:30|
|Second morning session||11:30 - 12:30|
|Tiwari Shubhanshu||Whispers of gravity|
|Francesco Dallari||High frequency acoustic attenuation in glasses probed with EUV non linear technique|
|Giacomo Colzi||Sub-Doppler cooling of sodium atoms in Gray Molasses|
|Poster session||13:30 - 14:30|
|First afternoon session||14:30 - 15:30|
|Stefano Chinaglia||Some aspects in regular black holes physics|
|Alberto Melati||QFT in curved spacetimes: an overview|
|Tommaso Rosi||Scientific visualization in physical science communication|
|Lectio Magistralis||15:30 - 16:30|
Prof. Fancesco Piazza
|Second afternoon session||17:00 - 18:00|
|Alessandro Trenti||A novel mid-infrared single-photon detector|
|Tatevik Chalyan||SiON based photonic structures for biosensing applications|
|Veronica Regazzoni||Gammarad: Silicon Photomultiplier for prompt gamma imaging in proton therapy.|
|Closing and Best-poster-prize giving||18:00 - 18:20|